What do you look for in a game, app, dress, or other common everyday objects in your life? The design and visual appeal of the object, right? In this digital marketing era, user experience is an important factor that decides the success of any business or organization.
The field of design is diverse and has the capability of attracting an audience to any product. If you believe you have the imagination and creativity to create eye-catching designs, pursuing a B Des course can lead you on the right path.
As designing is a vast subject, there are chances of getting confused about the details of the course and the prospects thereafter. Let us walk through the essential information regarding the B Des course so that you are clear about how to go about it.
B Des Course – Requirements
A Bachelor of Design is an undergraduate degree with several specializations to choose from. The course is developed in such a way that a student acquires theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of design after the completion of the course. However, it is important to know the eligibility criteria to pursue a design course.
- You should have a minimum of 50% in class X and class XII board examinations if you are choosing the respective exam pathways at a college. The exam pathway refers to the Design Aptitude Test conducted by colleges to give admission to B Des courses.
The non-examination pathway to securing admission is different in colleges.
- You must score a minimum of 65% marks in the class X and class XII qualifying examinations if you are looking for admissions through board merit.
- You must score 50% marks in board exams and eligible cut-off marks in any of the national entrance tests like JEE MAIN, UCEED, NID, or NIFT.
- The qualifying students will be called for an interview and portfolio presentation.
B Des Course- Specializations
The design industry has shown immense potential for growth and hence there are many fields in which you can specialize. Every field comes with its own perks and benefits and demands the full potential of your creative side. Here are a few of the fields in which you can specialize.
- Product design
- Graphic and communication design
- Fashion design
- User experience and interaction design
- Animation and VFX
- Interior design
- Game design
- Transportation and mobility design
- Lifestyle and accessory design
Scope of B Des course
Since the area of specializations is many, job opportunities are also plenty in every field. As we are moving into the world of the metaverse, there is a high employment rate for UI/UX designers, animators, game designers, etc. These opportunities also come with high international demand and lucrative salaries.
Lifestyle is another area that has witnessed rapid growth in recent years. Organizations and start-ups need skilled interior and product designers to elevate their brand status. The demand for fashion designers never went down since people invested more into their appearances.
If you are looking to establish a career with your creative ideas, studying a B Des course is the best choice for you.