Azure Backup Services provide a reliable cloud computing platform and offers disaster recovery, high availability, and backup to protect your essential applications and data.
As businesses continue to migrate workloads to the cloud, solutions for backup and recovery are becoming more necessary. Unfortunately, all computers are under constant threat of attack, and therefore every user, regardless of device or operating system, should have a backup recovery plan for their data.
What is Microsoft Azure?
Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing platform with around 200 products and services such as analytics, virtual computing, storage, networking, servers, databases, and more. It can be used to substitute or supplement your on-premise servers. An Azure course can provide you a deep understanding of Microsoft Azure.
Microsoft manages the physical storage of data for Azure users, which implies it will be stored in one or more of Microsoft’s datacenters around the globe.
Azure offers three different forms of cloud computing:
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- Software as a service (SaaS)
- Platform as a service (PaaS)
What is Azure Backup?
Azure Cloud Backup is a service that lets you back up your data to the Microsoft Azure Cloud and Azure supports the backup of on-premises workloads, as well as cloud-based Virtual Machines (VMs).
With Office 365 Mailbox Backup Services you can eliminate the role of expensive disks and tape costs and ensure that all your data is protected. It will enable you to either supplement your existing on-premises backup solutions or substitute existing solutions altogether at a lower cost with a saleable, reliable, secure, and encrypted cloud-based solution.
What are the benefits of Azure Backup?
There are several advantages of Azure backup. These include:
- No more tapes are needed for backup
- Protect on-premises and Azure VMs
- Long-term retention – enables you to keep data/files for up to 99 years
- Support a variety of applications, including SQL servers, SharePoint servers, and Exchange servers.
- Your data is secure with Azure-certified security privacy and compliance practices.
- Azure backups are protected with a multifactor authentication layer.
- Data/File is encrypted both in transit and at rest.
- It’s a cost-effective solution metered by usage
- Scale smoothly with maintenance or monitoring overhead
- Get unlimited data transfer – no limits on inbound or outbound data you transfer
- Take application-consistent backups
- You can even protect file servers and Windows clients, allowing you to protect and restore client files and folders granularly.
- Azure Backup can protect workloads operating in any cloud, including hosted, public, or private clouds.
- You can decide how many restore points you like to keep. Azure authorizes keeping a limit of 9999 recovery points per protected instance, so virtually unlimited.
- You only pay for the amount of storage you use, and you are not charged for your on-premises storage.
- You can choose to keep your storage highly available using Azure locally redundant storage, which keeps three copies of your data in a storage scale unit in a data center. Alternatively, you can use geo-redundant storage, which replicates data to a secondary region that is hundreds of miles away. GRS is the recommended option.
There is no denying that a backup solution is enormously important in any business. Apps4Rent provides top-level Azure services and takes full responsibility for the design, delivery, and management of system software, infrastructure configurations, and Azure service consumption. Apart from that Apps4Rent even provides a Service of Hosted Cloud Desktop and support their clients which makes them ideal partners to select for the service.